We make summer camp easy! Cancel your registration before June 1st 2021 for any reason and receive a full refund – no questions asked. After June 1st, you can receive a partial refund minus the deposit amount OR full school credit to use toward future lessons or classes. Once camp has started, there are no refunds or credits.
The deposit amount is $100 for all one week programs and $200 for all two week programs.
IN-PERSON CAMPERS: Once your camp has started, if you need to cancel because of potential exposure to Covid-19, you may receive full school credit for days you are unable to attend.
Health and Safety Guidelines
- All campers and staff members will wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines in common areas and rehearsal rooms. NOTE: Bands with all vaccinated members will have the option to unmask in their rehearsal space only, per CDC guidelines.
- We will create stable pods of 2-3 bands so that students can have additional in-person connections.
- All NYC Guitar School Camp Staff in contact with campers (including interns) will be fully vaccinated.
- Campers will be given a temperature check and health screening upon arrival each morning. Vaccinated campers will only need to present proof of vaccination on the first day of camp. No additional health screening is required.
- As required by the state, we will collect the vaccination status of each camper and staff member (including vaccination dates).
- Check-in and check-out will be in the lobby or at the building entrance so that parents do not need to enter the building.
- All studio rooms are individually ventilated to the outside of the building and there is no cross ventilation between studio rooms.
- Each studio will be sanitized with medical grade UV lights before and after the camp day. No UV light will be used on skin or while students are in the room.
- Each studio with unvaccinated campers will be equipped HEPA air filters to increase air turnover.
- Additional masks, hand sanitizer, and wipes will be available.
- All rental instruments and borrowed equipment will be disinfected daily.
- CDC, state, and local safety guidelines in place.
- Great news! All 15-17yr olds will be allowed to leave campus for lunch.
- Parents of 12-14 yr olds will be given the option to allow their child to leave campus for lunch. Please provide a packed lunch if your child is not allowed to leave campus.
- 8-11 yr olds will be escorted by our interns to eat lunch outdoors at the seating areas on Broadway that are 1 block away from the studios (weather permitting). If it rains, students will eat indoors and remain socially distanced. Please provide a packed lunch, drinks, and snacks for your 8-11 yr old.
Band Visits & Shows
- Band visits will be virtual. Bands that are podded together will be allowed to visit in-person with masks.
- Shows will be virtual and during camp hours!
As camp approaches, we will continue to update our health & safety plan based on the most current guidance. All registered campers will receive an updated health & safety plan in late May.
At that time, we will also assess whether we can safely allow more in-person interaction between bands as well as whether older teens will be allowed off-campus for lunch.